Home » School Antiques Find – Junk or Treasure
On Saturday morning there was no sleep in for anyone in my household.
It was my daughter’s school fair. Two eager little faces (Luke and Sophie) bursting to spend their money. To seek out treasures eat lots of candy floss and have fun.
A wonderful treasure I did find. My beautiful Dresden ballerina, she is so damaged and broken with several bad attempts at putting poor ballerina back together again.
Despite this I placed her next to on my other french antiques. I just fell in love with her broken or not. I will keep her, treasure her and be inspired by her.
Sophie found lots wonderful clothes being the up and coming vintage clothes guru she is.
School fairs are lots of fun and there is always a treasure to find, just as opportunity shops are. Opportunity being the operative word. You have to have your eyes open for every opportunity to present itself. You may not find a quality piece of french furniture, but things such as chandelier frames are common.
I love looking at these pieces and imagining where they have been? Who’s house they graced and what stories they could tell. If only a vase could speak.
- Blogs that will inspire you.
- Bonne année et bonne santé
- A French Oasis in the City
- Beautiful lithographs
- Moving to the next level and bringing French and Vintage Furniture to the beautiful homes of New Zealand.
- Art is my Soul food.
- A day in Paris
- A Room in Paris Please
- School Antiques Find – Junk or Treasure
- New Zealand Fashion Week – “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” Coco Chanel