Home » Bonne année et bonne santé
Bonne année et bonne santé
I hope you are all enjoying the New Year and have been lucky enough to eat well, relax and contemplate the coming year.
I have managed to have what my idea of a rest is and watch some inspiring movies filled with beautiful 18th century interiors.
My favorite was Bel Ami. I was so inspired by it I needed to share it with you.
BEL AMI is the story of Georges Duroy, who travels through 1890s Paris, from cockroach ridden garrets to opulent salons, using his wits and powers of seduction to rise from poverty to wealth, from a prostitute’s embrace to passionate trysts with wealthy beauties, in a world where politics and media jostle for influence, where sex is power and celebrity an obsession.
With a great cast … Robert Pattinson, Uma Thurman, Kristin Scott Thomas, Christina Ricci and Colm Meaney along with the most beautiful Parisian apartment sets I have seen to date it is well worth watching. You will of course want to redecorate.
Here are a few photos from the movie ….
If you would like to view more go the Bel Ami website
Happy holidays xx
Tel: 09-483 7717
Mob: 021 472 431
- Blogs that will inspire you.
- Bonne année et bonne santé
- A French Oasis in the City
- Beautiful lithographs
- Moving to the next level and bringing French and Vintage Furniture to the beautiful homes of New Zealand.
- Art is my Soul food.
- A day in Paris
- A Room in Paris Please
- School Antiques Find – Junk or Treasure
- New Zealand Fashion Week – “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” Coco Chanel